Sunday, June 15, 2008

Wasting Time?

Well, I have to admit that I haven't been very productive lately. I have gotten to basic plus status as an author at ezinearticles. I now have ten live articles and two more pending.

I've been submitting articles that I outsourced - I don't think I'll do that again any time soon. What a waste, maybe I tried to go too cheap. I've been spending more time trying to fix (re-write) them, than I would have spent just writing the things myself.

I have been trying to watch were my time goes, I'm actually going to start logging my time so I can see exactly where it all goes. I know I spend way too much time checking my stats - it's like an addiction. That is the first thing I'm going to cut way back on, my first order of business. I've also been spending tons of time reading forums like the one at WA, also at DP, Warrior and ABW. Sometimes it seems like a waste, but I've been learning so much it's just amazing.

I've also been doing lots of thinking. I do think it's important in any business to do spend some time in the early stages learning and thinking! Not that you should ever stop.

I've also been spending too much time looking at and thinking about that first niche site of mine and yes it still sucks, but it's making a little money. So I really need to go on for the time being and start a second niche. I think my second niche will be much better than my first and so on. So by the time I get to five or six, I should be much, much better - then I'll start going back and improving my early niches with the knowledge that I gain.

So, did I waste time?

Although I didn't really accomplish much except for a couple articles, I do now have a workable plan and some real ideas.

No comments: