Sunday, June 29, 2008

Trying to Create Videos

I am so frustrated trying to create videos to help me market online. I have a Sony HandiCam and can't get the damn videos 'into' the computer. I think there is an adapter that I'm going to have to buy. It came with a USB cable that does absolutely nothing. I guess I'm going to have to spend some time googling to find out just what I need.

I've also been looking into buying Camtasia. I also came across a program called CamStudio which is like an open source camstudio. I've been so happy with wordpress that I might just give it a try. Hey, it's free so I guess it's worth a try. There is a bug where the videos don't show up with Firefox, but there is a way around that if I can figure it out. I wish I was more tech savvy - guess maybe I'm too old!

I have gotten a couple of sales in the past few days. I'm still over $200 away from my goal for the month of June and with only a day and a half left it's not looking to good. There's always next month.

I still haven't received my teaching certification from Florida so I can't start looking for a teaching position yet. I have an interview with Walmart on Thursday for a job as a part-time (32 hrs a week) Customer Service Manager. It's an hourly management position - managing cashiers, which means it will be a low paying 'sucky' job. But it will help pay the bills until I can get this affiliate marketing gig going a little better or get into a school.

I really don't think I would mind Walmart if I can get into a salaried management position. A teacher at the school where I did my student teaching was making $80k/yr as a manager at Target.

I hate this being in limbo and need to get some real cash flowing.

No comments: